Tuesday, February 27, 2007

 

Really humbled

I posted the article below on Touch Community Services Berhad as I was invited to speak for them in July 2007.

SS2 TOUCH Community Centre is an arm of Community Baptist Church which acts as a vehicle to spearhead the penetration programs which are the local mission and evangelism efforts of Community Baptist Church through BUILDING BRIDGES into the community.

As I reflected on them ( never heard of them before), God really showed me how ordinary people can do extraordinary things through Him. We often look for mighty signs and wonders but it is being in tune with reality, caring for people and meeting their needs that has the greatest impact.

We often go for the spectacular but miss the extraordinary. It is the extraordinary that has the lasting impact.

When I had gone through various bible studies and seminars, I perhaps had an illusion of grandeur. Perhaps measuring other peoples' walk with God versus mine. Measuring other peoples' lack of prophetic power, signs and wonders against my so called spiritual gifts. How wrong I was! There are so many of God's servants in the world, in the marketplace, in the health fields that were doing ordinary things that touched the world with the love of God. The most 'powerful' ministry is the ordinary believers' ministry. It is not the spectacular but the extraordinary.

Comments:
How true indeed! I wish we have more seminars on how to wash the feet of the poor and marginalised in our country than ones on how to perform miracles :)
 
Amen! God bless!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?