Thursday, March 01, 2007

 

Our own unique calling

I was sitting on the Lord and thanked Him for the impartation from the various men and women of God that I have sat under - Ps.Ben, sister May Ling, Ps.Joshua, Ps.Vernon, brother Patrick and sister Sharon.

When I reflect back, whomever I was learning under, I thought the world of them. Sometimes even admiring the man of God rather than God. I even lost my own identity. I even thought I wanted to go for fulltime ministry one day (I am sure my friends that I told will one day laugh over it with me!!!). When I had learn the lessons on prosperity by Ps.Joshua, I had the impression it was everything. I went to share with my sisters who did not heed much, but God still prospered them just the same (in fact all 3 of them even doing better than me).

When I was learning under Ps.Vernon (Lifeline), I went to encourage my friends and sisters that you must move in the gifts of the Holy Spirit. And when they didn't respond, I thought they were practicing a less powerful kind of Christianity. I was praying for healing and prophesizing like a loud cymbal, but they practised much more practical love.

Now I am being to understand the our uniqueness. God is doing a unique work around the world today. Besides raising up anointed pastors, He is also raising up Josephs throughout the world like you and me. Some of us are still in the "pit" stage of their pilgrimage, while others are heading toward productiveness (thank God I am getting out of the pit after all these years).

It takes years of preparation and testing to be a true Joseph. It takes what the psalmist says in Psalm 105:17. He called down famine on the land and destroyed all their supplies of food; and he sent a man before them - Joseph, sold as a slave. They bruised his feet with shackles, his neck was put in irons, till what he foretold came to pass, till the word of the Lord proved him true. The king sent and released him, the ruler of peoples set him free (Psalm 105:16-20).

A true Joseph is one who is a provider both spiritually and materially for those in the Body of Christ. It is a person who understands that he is simply a manager of all that God has entrusted to him. It is a person who has humility and a broken and contrite heart before God.

Josephs of today are prepared through their own versions of bruised feet, and their own period of imprisonment (a very painful experience!!!). It is through the adversity of failed finance and business, personal life and broken dreams. These are the things God uses to allow the Josephs of our day to be proven by the Word of the Lord. Once refined and proven, God brings them out of their prisons and uses them mightily for His purposes.

Joseph went through his own trials - not because of any failure, but because of his calling: to save and provide for an entire nation. God had to prepare this man with 13 years of broken dreams and humble circumstances in order to break every ounce of pride and self-will. God could not afford to have a 30-year-old steeped in arrogance and pride running an entire nation.

This is happening nationwide in Malaysia (and worldwide). God is raising up these servants to prepare for a worldwide economic earthquake and to fund a global harvest of souls. GOD IS DEFINITELY DOING SOMETHING TODAY!

Therefore be yourself and hear from God what He wants you to do. In these last days, I believe God has already developed the people for the 5-fold ministry. God also realize that there is a need to develop the ordinary believers' ministry in the workplace. I am now rest assured I need not emulate any of my mentors' ministry.

Comments:
Truly agreed that God is doing a marvellous works among us.
 
Amen! God bless!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?