Sunday, July 22, 2007

 

Praying for others

Praying for others does not come naturally to me, I must say. But since the Lord impressed upon me to be serious in prayer, intercessory prayer-praying for others- has allowed me to see others as God sees them.

Praying for others instills a deep fill of compassion for those I am praying for, and helps me see their pains, anxiety and frustration. It is then that I can travail for them in moans and groans as the Spirit leads and reveals where they are hurting. Intercessory prayer puts me into God's field of emanating love, allowing Him to fill me with compassion I myself cannot muster. It puts me into God's stream of unconditional love that God is already directing towards them.

When I pray for Malaysia, God open my eyes to see the nation as He sees it, not as how the rumor bloggers render it. God puts Chinese and Indians in this country by divine arrangement and for a reason. What I desire for Malaysia, God desires it all the more. I petition to God for a strong economy; good governance; equity for all races in terms of opportunity, education and business; and freedom of religion for all races. I continually bring all these to God in prayer as I know He wills the very same thing.

I sit here in my sofa as a mere mortal, hoping to transform the nation with my prayers. Confusion crosses my mind as I hear of all the latest local news and gossips, until He reminded I am talking to the One who spun the galaxies into the Universe, who created the lesser light to rule this night (2.11am now) and who sets the borders of nations (including Malaysia), did my doubts fade away.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?