Monday, August 31, 2009

 

Merdeka Day

Today is our national day in Malaysia and we celebrate 51 years of independence. 

My work brings me to a lot of places each month and especially in places like Taiwan or China, and the locals will be guessing where I come from. I have small slanting eyes so most of them will say I am from Japan. Some say I am from Hong Kong when I speak Cantonese. I may then speak a bit of Hakka and say I am from Meizou in Guangzhou. Sometimes I tell them I am an Aussie to confuse them :-).

Some say home is where the heart is. Some say the world is my home. There may be some that may have not lived with their parents for a while, and do not find it hospitable at their 'childhood' home anymore, even if it is just across the street. Their comforts are all in their new home - be it their sofa, hi-fi, bed. We are all creatures of comfort. At this moment, my comforts are all in my parents' house and I will always call it home till God's next plan for me is rolled out.

I do not know where the Lord will lead me to settle eventually, but the truth is that HOME is where God is. If God wants you in a certain place, His anointing, presence and blessings will be with you.  

On this national day, I pray that Malaysia will be a peaceful place with racial tolerance, progressive with fair opportunities for all. 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?