Tuesday, November 23, 2010

 

Thots while on a plane (Nov 20, 2010)

As I sit here on the plane to China, I felt a relief that I had dropped out of the Masters of Theology program. I just didn’t have the time and moreover it was just too theoretical and didn’t suit my needs.

I had intended to get some theological credentials for the future when I publish books on my business journey with the Lord. At least it will have M.Theology under my name on the book cover.

This morning the Lord firmly told me I don’t need the M.Theology credentials. My business will prosper and bloom and that will be my credentials not the paper qualification. The Lord’s looks at a man’s heart (1 Samuel 16:7) but men judge a person on the outward appearance, what car he drives and what he has. Thus the only credential needed is a lot of $$$

There is a saying in Chinese that it is better to have travelled a thousand miles than to have read a thousand books. Many pastors preaching on business would never have ran a business before nor failed in business and went through the mill of building a business. Indeed I have heard many good sermons on prosperity and wealth but what is lacking in churches is a program and mentorship group on how to bridge vision and reality. Hearing a few sermons here and there won’t help.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?