Thursday, December 09, 2010

 

No confidence in the flesh

Last nite brother Simon Yap shared John 11:45 onwards. I don't have the notes with me but it was about the plot to kill Jesus. The chief priest and the pharisees had a meeting at the sanhedrin, and plotted to kill Jesus.

The wanted to kill Jesus at all cost despite the miracles Jesus performed. The sharing for the nite was oddly entitled "No confidence in the flesh" which was really a misnomer for a really good message nonetheless.

On reflection yes if I keep boasting of my fleshly abilities in building my business, not only would I be in a way 'plotting' to kill the Lord in my business, but will miss His miracles and grace in my career. Despite all our credentials like Paul boasted in Philipians 3:5,like Paul we must have no confidence in the flesh.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?