Friday, January 25, 2013

 

Strangers in Canaan

Genesis 37:1 "And Jacob dwelt in the land where his father was a stranger, in the land of Canaan." NKJV

His father Isaac was a stranger in the land of PROMISE. A stranger will not enjoy the best of the land. He has no citizenship rights so to speak. He has no right to public education, free healthcare etc.  There were many instances that Isaac had dug up wells for it to be confiscated by the locals (Genesis 26).

Jacob dwelt in the land and enjoyed all the land had to offer while his father was a stranger. O Lord may what is strange to my dad not be strange to me. May peace, prosperity, salvation, the full blessings of the cross not be strange to me.

May the Lord put me and you in a position to achieve the things that my father and my generation could not. Amen!





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?