Sunday, April 21, 2013

 

What is our highest calling?

I had an interesting conversation today with a friend who asked what is my answer to a question the pastor asked the congregation today. FYI today I visited City Lights Church in Damansara Damai.

Pastor Lee asked the congregation would you rather be a (1). pastor or, a (2) rich businessman and fund the gospel. Preachers always like to use hyperbole to illustrate a point just like Jesus and many middle-eastern preachers of his time. 

My answer to her is that my highest calling in life is what God called me to be. If God wants me in industry, why should I be in ministry? No doubt the ministerial calling is no joke as it deals with livelihoods and eternal issues, but industry ain't without its perils either.

The great  evangelist Billy Graham was asked by Larry King since he was even more popular than the then president of the United States, would he run for the US presidential office. Billy Graham replied and said "God called me to be a minister, why would I want to stoop down and be the President?". 

Another question friends always ask me is "how do you know it is from God?, how do you know God wants you in China?". Friends firstly we have to know God and be His genuine disciple. His genuine sheep will hear His voice (John 10:27).  Praying in the spirit helps build up our spirit man (1 Corinthians 14:4). As we edify our spirit man, we become more in tune with God and hear Him better.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?